Freshest Whole Sesames. Genuine Flavor. Superior Quality.
Enjoy the natural taste of raw, unroasted, whole (unhulled), pre-sprouted, USDA-certified organic MAX Tahini.
Our sesame seeds are soaked in cold water, pre-sprouted*, and immediately ground totally raw without roasting into a thick creamy butter. We use an innovative cold-press process when the sesames are at their nutritional peak without the use of any chemicals, additives, preservatives, salt, or sweeteners. This process preserves their complete nutritional value and delicious and authentic taste.
*The seeds contain large amounts of nutrients, while the pre-sprouting process binds the minerals and proteins, ensuring MAXimum digestion and quick absorption of nutrients into your body.
MAXimum nutrient absorption and more nutritious than any other tahini around!
When you eat a tablespoon of MAX Tahini, within seconds an abundance of nutrients will be absorbed into your bloodstream giving you increased energy, strength and vitality.
MAX Tahini from Field of Nuts.
When you eat MAX Sesame’s pre-sprouted Tahini, your body will absorb
• 3.5 X More Edible Fiber
• 4.0 X More Iron
• 4.7 X More Calcium
than any other tahini on the market.
• 100% raw, organic and packed with nutrition.
• All natural - contains no sugar, salt or additives
• Cold pressed
• Certified kosher
• Paleo, Keto and Whole30 approved
• Manufactured in a peanut-free and soy-free facility
Order your MAX Tahini Spread today and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
- Learn about our cleaning and grinding technique
100% Raw, Whole (Unhulled) Pre-Germinated Organic Sesame Seeds.
Oil separation occurs naturally. Mix well before use. Refrigerate after opening to preserve freshness.
Why Raw rather than roasted
MAX Tahini is made from the highest-quality raw (unroasted) sesame seeds. All the nutrients of the sesame seed are preserved, giving you the most nutritious tahini possible.
Roger Berman, the founder of JSC invented the only machine that can grind raw whole sesame seeds without first roasting them, thereby preserving 100% of the sesame seeds’ nutrition.
(Other grinding machines can only grind sesame seeds that have been roasted and are crunchy and easy to grind. High temperatures compromise the nutritional value of the seeds).
Thanks to JSC’s patented machines, we can enjoy organic, raw tahini that is not only very nutritious but also easily absorbed by the body.
Why Pre-sprouted rather than unsprouted/ sprouted
MAX Tahini is made from pre-sprouted sesame seeds which have just begun to germinate but haven’t yet sprouted. This is the stage at which they contain the most nutrients and lead to MAXimum nutrient absorption.
Timing is everything:
Pre-sprouted sesame seeds possess a tremendously high amount of vitamins, minerals, protein, enzymes, phytochemicals, antioxidants, bioflavonoids and chemo-protectants - all the energy, vitamins and nutrients necessary for a small seed to transform into a mature plant. Seeds that have just started to sprout have much more digestible nutrients than seeds that have not yet sprouted or that have already sprouted.
Pre-sprouted sesame seeds are more easily absorbed by the body:
During the pre-sprouted stage the calcium, iron, zinc*, magnesium, and other minerals in the sesame seeds bind with the proteins. It is this binding of the proteins and minerals that cause the vitamins and minerals to be more easily and effectively absorbed by the body.
Why Unhulled rather than hulled
Most sesame tahinis on the market are made from sesame seeds with their hulls removed. MAX Tahini is made from unhulled (whole) sesame seeds. Many of the sesame’s powerful nutrients are found in the hull.
The hull is rich in:
• Lignans. The sesame hulls are rich in sesamin and sesamolin which are fibers called lignans. Research has shown that lignans are linked to the reduction of the risk of heart disease and to lowering cholesterol levels.
• Zinc. The hulls contain high levels of naturally occurring zinc (21% of the RDI per 28 grams). Zinc is essential to the absorption of Omega 3. It boosts the immune system, staves off colds and flus, helps skin regeneration and stimulates hair and nail growth.
Why we ground our seeds raw
For years, people have been trying to benefit from the nutrition available in raw sesame seeds without grinding them. Eating them this way is unpleasant and inefficient as pre-sprouted sesame seeds have a strong, bitter taste and cannot be properly digested and absorbed by the body.
Most of the sesame seeds are swallowed without being chewed and pass right through the digestive system, to be eliminated in the same form in which they were eaten!.
Our Sesame Seeds Are Cleaned Without Chemicals
Before sesame seeds can be ground into tahini, they have to be properly sorted and washed in order to remove dirt and stones. Some tahini factories use a liquid chemical solution to clean the sesame seeds. These chemical solutions remove the hull of the sesame seeds, along with the dirt and stones, thereby removing valuable nutrition.
Nutrients in MAX Tahini
MAX seeds contain the following in 28 gram (2 Tablespoons) servings:
• Carbohydrates 2%
• Saturated Fat 2g 10% Total Fat 14g 21% Calories from Fat 116
• Trans Fat 0g 0%
• Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g.
• Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g.
• Protein 5g
• Dietary Fiber 10%
• Calcium 27%
• Iron 23%
• Magnesium 6%
• Phosphorus 17%
• Copper 23%
• Zinc 12%
• B1 30%
• B2 11%
• B3 11%
• B5 4%
• B6 2%
• B9 7%
4 Nutritional Powerhouses in MAX Tahini and their main benefits:
1. MAX Tahini is high in Calcium (27% RDI)
• Prevents or delays osteoporosis
• Prevents loss in bone density
• Regulates heartbeat.
MAX Tahini is especially important for:
• Menopausal women to counter calcium deficiency
• For pregnant and nursing women for building and strengthening bones and blood cells.
2. MAX Tahini is high in plant-based Iron (23% RDI).
• Prevents fatigue
• Prevents anemia
• Raises energy levels
• Helps metabolize proteins
• Plays a role in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells
MAX Tahini will significantly raises iron levels within 2 days of consumption.
3. MAX Tahini is very high in Copper (23% RDI)
• Helps in the function of a healthy nervous system
• Prevents anemia
• Prevents osteoporosis
• Plays an important role in energy production
• Plays a role in the formation of red and white blood cells and haemoglobin
• Plays a role in bone formation
• Helps maintain healthy amounts of white blood cells, responsible for identifying and fighting pathogens. Getting enough copper is therefore essential for proper immune function.
4. MAX Tahini is high in dietary fiber (10% RDI).
• Keeps you feeling fuller for longer
• Eases digestion
• Helps maintain a healthy weight
• Helps relieve constipation*
• Helps maintain bowel health
• Lowers the risk of diabetes
• Controls sugar levels
• Lowers the risk of heart disease
*MAX Tahini is recommended to patients undergoing chemotherapy to prevent the common side effect of constipation.
Other MAX Benefits of MAX Tahini:
• Full of Vitamin Bs and healthy fats such as Omega 6
• Rich in antioxidants
• Has antibacterial properties
• May reduce blood pressure
• Contains anti-inflammatory compounds
• Strengthens the central nervous system
• May have anticarcinogenic properties
• Helps protect liver and kidney function
Order your MAX Tahini Spread today and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
• Looking for a natural way to prevent anemia and osteoporosis and boost your immune and nervous system?
• Do you feel sluggish during pregnancy?
• Do you need a boost of energy during pregnancy or nursing?
Eat 2-3 Tbsp. of MAX Tahini
The rich flavor and nutritional value of MAX Tahini by Field of Nuts is a tasty, low-carb snack. A good source of healthy, monounsaturated fat, our MAX Sesame Tahini satisfies you and keeps you from snacking on less healthy options.
Field of Nuts’ MAX Tahini has a natural, earthy, authentic flavor and texture. Just pure, unhulled, raw, organic sesame seeds!
Catrine R. San Francisco, California
Food for Body and Soul
I come from the Middle East, where I was brought up eating tahini, which is a very popular and famous food, along with hummus. When I first tasted MAX Tahini, the taste was a little unfamiliar. I was used to eating white tahini. But over time, I really grew to love it!. I find that I feel satisfied even with a small amount, and it makes me feel full for several hours. My body really craves the goodness of MAX Tahini! MAX is the perfect food for body and soul!
Sarah J. Houston, Texas
In Israel, tahini is a specialty and a tradition. Traditionally the sesame seeds were crushed into tahini by hand, with the help of a stick especially carved from an olive tree. I have a friend back in Israel who has a herd of sheep and produces his own olive ois. The people who live in this region, the Galilee, are very in touch with nature, and my friend, of course, has a great appreciation for natural products.
When I told him about Jerusalem Sesame Co., he said, “Wow! There must be a lot of people working very hard for this company. It takes a great deal of strength to make so much tahini by hand!” He was amazed to hear that the founder of Jerusalem Sesame Co. had invented a patented, unique machine that does all the grinding. He was doubly impressed when he learned that the machine grinds the sesame seeds cold, which conserves all their nutritional value. He said, “It’s amazing that so many people will be able to eat good quality tahini - it’s the best food in Israel!”
PLEASE NOTE: this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.